Polk County Supervisor Tom Hockensmith: “Theresa will be an effective and powerful voice for all Iowans, who can unify working families to win and get real results for all of us.”
More than 50 leaders across the state have unified in support of Theresa’s campaign
Today, businesswoman Theresa Greenfield announced the endorsement of 31 Iowa leaders and local officials as Iowans continue to rally around her campaign for U.S. Senate. Theresa is the only candidate building the momentum and strong statewide grassroots campaign needed to unify Iowa’s working families and defeat Senator Ernst in November. She outraised Senator Ernst in the pre-primary reporting period, and has received nearly 19,000 contributions from Iowans in all 99 counties.
“I endorse Theresa Greenfield because I believe that her life experience has prepared her well to serve Iowans in the U.S. Senate. She understands the challenges our state and nation are facing today. I trust her to be a strong voice for Iowans and to work with all parties to get common sense results,” said Jean Lloyd-Jones, former Iowa State Senator and the first woman to be nominated by a major Iowa party for a U.S. Senate race.
“Theresa is the strongest candidate to defeat Senator Ernst in November. She is a proven leader, who will prioritize the needs of working families and small businesses here in Western Iowa. Every time I’ve met with her, Theresa is caring, committed, and focused on earning every vote. I’m proud to support her,”said Linda Nelson, past Pottawattamie County Democrats Chair, former State Representative and past Iowa State Education Association President.
“I’m supporting Theresa Greenfield for the U.S. Senate because she understands the challenges hardworking Iowans face and has a clear vision to put Iowa’s workers first by expanding access to health care, investing in infrastructure, and taking urgent action to address climate change. She will be an effective and powerful voice for all Iowans, who can unify working families to win and get real results for all of us,” said Tom Hockensmith, Polk County Supervisor.
Theresa has previously been endorsed by dozens of Iowa officials, including Congresswoman Abby Finknauer, Congressman Dave Loebsack, Former Iowa First Lady and Education Advocate Christie Vilsack, former Lieutenant Governor Sally Pederson, and State Senate Minority Leader Janet Petersen. She also has been endorsed by 24 local labor unions and organizations – including the early endorsement of the Iowa AFL-CIO – who represent more than 70,000 workers across the state, and the campaign raised a record-shattering $1.5 million in the pre-primary filing period, further proof that Theresa is the best candidate to unify Iowans and flip this seat.
Here is the complete list of Iowa leaders endorsing Theresa today:
- Linda Nelson, Past Pottawattamie County Democrats Chair, former State Representative and Past Iowa State Education Association President
- Bill Gluba, Former Davenport Mayor
- Tom Hockensmith, Polk County Supervisor
- Angela Connolly, Polk County Supervisor
- Brent Oleson, Linn County Supervisor
- Carl Voss, Des Moines City Councilmember
- Scott Brennan, Former Iowa Democratic Party Chair
- Jean Lloyd-Jones, Former Iowa State Senator
- Ken Runde, Former Dubuque County Sheriff and U.S. Marshal
- Kyrstin Delagardelle, Chair, Des Moines Public Schools Board of Directors
- Mitch Gross, Coralville Mayor Pro Tem
- Jim Throgmorton, Former Iowa City Mayor
- Roxanne Conlin, Former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa
- Kevin W. Techau, Former U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Iowa and Retired Colonel, United State Air Force/Iowa Air National Guard
- Nick Klinefeldt, Former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa
- Charlie Wishman, President, Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
- Pete Hird, IDP Central Committee Member and Secretary-Treasurer, Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
- Joseph Zahorik, IDP Central Committee Member and Labor Leader
- Christine Greene Louscher, Former IDP Central Committee Member and former Kossuth County Democrats Chair
- Susan Judkins, Clive City Councilmember
- Liz Brennan, West Des Moines School Board Member
- Matt Blake, Urbandale City Councilmember
- Scott Syroka, Johnston City Councilmember
- Bill Menner, Former USDA Rural Development State Director
- Pam Johnson, Former National Corn Growers Association President
- Scott Punteney, Pottawattamie County Democrats Chair and Western Iowa Labor Federation President
- Bruce Rohwer, Former Chair, O’Brien County Democrats
- Jim Davis, Former Chair, Floyd County Democrats
- John Adams Sr., Dickinson County Summer Sizzler Chair
- Jerry Hageman, Black Hawk County Democrats Secretary and Labor Activist
- Breanna Oxley, Linn County Democrats Secretary and Educator
In addition to postponing in-person events, the Greenfield for Iowa campaign is taking precautions by having all staff work remotely and encouraging social distancing practices at all times. The campaign also recently launched a new webpage to help Iowans vote by mail so that all Iowans can participate safely in the upcoming election. For more information on Iowa’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the Iowa Department of Public Health website.